Monday, December 04, 2006

Ruminations from Nashville

No matter what picture of the world we compose, we know it will be
obsolete in the next encounter we have. Every moment is a fresh
problem, every thought a fresh solution. It's not coherence tying the
world together, but rather a continuing confusion being solved. Like
an algebra equation whose answer keeps changing, and I am the
variable. Ryan + world = perceived answer. The world never changes,
but I have to keep adjusting to meet the perception of wholeness, or
participation.

We can never stop the motion. People try to freeze everything and
when they can't, they push it to the after-life. "Oh, I'll be happy
then. I'll get what I want later." I'm beginning to believe only in
improvement. Just get better. Get better at getting better. Better
better better. Acceleration; motion. The top is stable when spinning
rapidly.

Isn't objectification our saving grace? That we can talk about deity,
that we can tamp down time and look at it for a moment before it
explodes again into flakes of knowledge. That I can say I have a
personality. Isn't that just supreme? I suppose it's another way of
saying we are self aware, but it's such fun to move in and out, to
snake between the conscious and unconscious realms of our selves. I
guess it's easier to swallow if we put those last two into one word,
and that's exactly what I'm talking about.

No comments: